Head of Collections (Asset Recovery)
£75,000 - £85,000
020 8989 7779
Contact Centre Partners (CCP) is a specialist recruitment consultancy which provides permanent, temporary and interim staff within the customer contact market.
We are pleased to be working a leading business within the Financial Services industry as they look to recruit a Head of Asset Management to lead their collections and recovery operations.
As a senior manager reporting into Director level you will take strategic ownership for the business unit, leading a team and ensuring all the business-critical processes, procedures and supplier relationships are optimized at every opportunity with appropriate first line of defense controls in place.
What You Will Do:
- Providing leadership to the Asset Management, Remarketing and Legal Services functions by ensuring that appropriate structures and service delivery models are in place, monitoring and continuously improving them as appropriate.
- Responsible for the strategic direction of the functions including departmental budgets, resourcing and technology strategies, people and team development, performance management, and succession planning.
- Maintaining currency in awareness of financial services legislation and motor finance industry changes that may affect Customer Operations and business undertakings.
- Active participation as a senior manager within the business working on cross business projects as required.
- Driving the ongoing enhancement to policies and procedures in support of the customer experience and ensuring the team are clear in requirements to deliver on the strategy.
- Act as an escalation point for complex issues and deliver audit actions on time and in a sustainable way.
- Development of the department's strategies including business plans, objectives, SLA's, associated KPI's, policies, processes and procedures.
- Meeting and exceeding all key metrics, including volume processing, quality, complaints, vehicle issues and arrears management. Implementing MI that bridges results with clear commercial outcomes.
- Oversight of people management ensuring any HR processes are conducted in line with best practice within the department and hearing appeals as required.
- Represent Moneybarn at specific trade body / industry gatherings (FLA) on a regular basis to ensure the business continues to have an active voice as appropriate across the industry.
- Performance management of 3rd party supplier relationships including cost efficiencies.
- Adhere to the FCA Conduct rules
What You Will Need:
- Previous experience in an FCA/FSA regulated consumer finance environment
- Significant team management experience in a volume customer facing environment.
- Experience of Control Self-Assessment (First Line of Defense) frameworks
- A robust knowledge of asset recovery regulation and law, particularly in relation to the appropriate use of forbearance (formal legal experience is not essential)
- A proven ability to balance workloads across multiple functions as well as encourage and empower teams to maximize and balance positive customer & commercial outcomes.
- A proactive approach & proven success in developing and implementing new processes, technologies and team structures.
- Proven track record of identifying, selecting and managing third party suppliers on a regular basis to ensure the service delivered by any such suppliers is always optimised.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills combined with the ability to network and build effective internal and external relationships at all levels.
To be considered for this role please apply using the link below, suitable candidates will be contacted in due course.