Business Development Manager
£40,000 - £40,000
020 8989 7779
Business Development Manager - Job Description.
Our client is the UK's oldest outsourced contact centre, located very near to Canary Wharf in an office that seats over 370 staff. Despite their age, they remain very innovative in our outlook and completely unique within their sector. They are unlike any other BPO provider, with a track record of working with excellent clients who place quality of service at the centre of their outsourcing requirements.
The office is energetic, collaborative and hard-working. They look to employ driven, assured and confident individuals who will enjoy the benefits of working in a creative, flexible and fun space that is unlikely to be like anywhere else you may have worked.
Reporting to the Business Development Director, the Business Development Manager will play an integral role in identifying and approaching potential new clients, with the ability to oversee and manage the entire acquisition process.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Act as a key member of small but highly effective Business Development Department who aim to grow overall company turnover through strategic identification and acquisition of new clients.
* Develop the department's role within the wider business plan, interacting with the board of directors on a regular basis.
* Analyse the current market-place including effective competitor research and monitoring of RFP / tender opportunities. Identify key growth sectors and understand the particular requirements for effective engagement.
* Build and maintain a sales pipeline that allows for prospecting and effective and regular communication with potential new clients.
* Utilise a multi-channel approach to engagement - including phone, e-mail and social and professional networking platforms.
* Prepare and send relevant introductory information, pitch documentation and substantive parts for formal RFP submissions.
* Take part in all new client meetings and play an integral role in the presentation and pitch process.
* Open and complete commercial negotiations and prepare and send contracts of engagement.
Knowledge (professional / industry related):
* Preferably 3+ years of business development experience. Contact centre or BPO environment desirable but not essential.
* Demonstrate ability to build a sales pipeline and manage entire process from prospecting through to contract sign-off.
* Track record in identifying and influencing senior management, directors and C-Level executives within targeted prospects.
* Evidence of new client wins and self-generated turnover in previous positions.
* Experience of RFI / RFP processes and commercial negotiation.
* Experience of MS Office including strong comprehension of PowerPoint.
Skills (managerial and technical):
* Natural sales and negotiation abilities.
* Excellent presentation skills.
* Very strong written English.
* Project management skills.
* Competitive nature and can-do attitude.
* Target driven and self-motivated.
* Excellent organisational skills.
* Flexible and happy to assist at all levels within the department.
£40,000 basic plus OTE and benefits including travel and phone allowance.