Business Development Executive
£22,000 - £22,000
020 8989 7779
Purpose of the role:
- Support the Sales team to proactively seek new clients and revenue for the company
- Deliver excellent customer service to all clients, prospect clients, internal and external customers
- Assist the sales team to maximise business opportunities by using best practice
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Introduce new business
Build and maintain new and existing relationships with introductory sources for example financial brokers, insolvency practitioners, accountants, banks, clients etc.
Achieve own targets of new deals by building and maintaining a level of new enquiries; attend networking events and identify and secure opportunities for new business and contacts.
Support Business Development Manager's
Achieve sales team targets of new deals and minimum fees; attend sales meetings with prospective clients when required; complete risk templates for sanction of the facility in conjunction with the BDM'S; chase outstanding enquiries and paperwork on deals when requested by the BDM'S or Head of Sales; attend sales team meetings.
Develop knowledge and understanding of the asset-based finance industry including products and services, clients, competitors, introducers, risks, client industry and markets
Develop the key skills and behaviours of a Business Development Manager
Support and liaise with the sales administrators; fully understand legal documents and demonstrate ability to raise them
Promote and represent the business brand and services; demonstrate you are an ambassador for the business.
Any other duties or projects commensurate with the level of responsibility of this role, for which the role holder has the necessary experience and/or training.
Requirements of the role:
- Experience - proven experience of working in a sales environment
- Skills - Numeracy and literacy; IT- Microsoft Office, in particular Excel; planning and organising; Customer service skills and ability to work alone whilst being a team player
Desirable for the role:
- Experience - sales experience - Outbound telesales
- Skills - Finance product knowledge, experience supporting marketing and sales events
- Qualifications - NVQ - Customer Service or Business related