Head of Asset Management & Legal Services Customer Contact
£65,000 - £85,000
020 8989 7779
Contact Centre Partners (CCP) is a specialist recruitment consultancy that provides permanent, interim, and temporary staffing solutions within customer contact.
We are delighted to once again be supporting a fantastic client in their search for a Head of Asset Management & Legal Services within their Customer Operations department.
Operating as a Senior Manager within the Customer Operations function and working in partnership with the other Senior Managers across the business, the Head of Asset Management & Legal Services assumes overall responsibility and accountability for all supporting administrative functions concerning our assets and associated legal practices as well as our asset sales and trace capabilities.
This role is responsible for ensuring all the business-critical processes adopted, (some of which will require Legal Services intervention from time to time for our asset recovery and disposal undertakings) are optimised at every opportunity.
All processes adopted must be strategically reviewed on an ongoing basis to ensure practices adopted are best in class whilst protecting our customer outcomes in the spirit of TCF, CONC and FCA guidelines at all times.
This role also involves strategic oversight of several third-party partnerships across the asset recovery, litigation and trace capabilities.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Providing leadership to the Customer Support Services functions by ensuring that appropriate departmental structures and service delivery models are in place, monitoring and developing them as appropriate.
- Responsible for the strategic direction of the department including resourcing and technology strategies, people and team development, performance management, and succession planning.
- Maintaining currency in awareness of legislation and industry changes that may affect Customer Operations and business undertakings.
- Active participation as a senior manager within the business working on cross business projects as required.
- Driving the ongoing enhancement to policies and procedures in support of the customer experience and ensuring the team are clear in requirements to deliver on the strategy.
- Act as an escalation point for complex issues and deliver audit actions.
- Development of the department's strategies including business plans, objectives, SLA's, associated KPI's, policies, processes and procedures.
- Meeting and exceeding all key metrics, including volume processing, quality, complaints, vehicle issues and arrears management.
- Conduct team meetings to update the team on best practices, departmental communications and continuing expectations.
- Effective people management ensuring any HR processes are conducted in line with best practice within the department and hearing appeals as required.
- Represent the business at specific trade body / industry gatherings on a regular basis to ensure the business continues to have an active voice as appropriate across the industry.
- Be an inspirational leader, with exceptional understanding of CX strategies and relevant legal process and policy changes.
- Have significant people management experience and a track record of creating and developing high performing teams.
- Have high standards of numeracy and literacy.
- Be assertive, confident and intellectually capable.
- Be a self-starter, who can multi-task in a demanding environment.
- Have a proactive management style and possess a solutions focused approach to challenges.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Resilient and determined.
- Confident in making decisions.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of FCA regulations.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
Previous experience in a FCA/FSA regulated consumer finance environment.
- Significant team management experience in a volume customer facing environment.
- An in-depth knowledge of asset recovery regulation and law, particularly in relation to the appropriate use of forbearance.
- Proven leadership skills, particularly in a fast moving, empowered environment.
- A proven ability to design, implement and manage complex multi-faceted departments ensuring the end customer experience is fluid.
- High level of experience in developing and implementing new processes, technologies and team structures.
- Experience of undertaking analysis of Management Information and the ability to analyse information, and implement improvement strategies as a part of that analysis.
- High level of people management skills, with a proven track record of managing team and functional changes.
- Proven track record of creating and maintaining high performing, productivity focused teams, in a Support Services environment, whilst maintaining the highest levels of compliance and quality.
- Proven track record of identifying, selecting and managing third party suppliers on a regular basis to ensure the service delivered by any such suppliers is optimized at all times.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills combined with the ability to network and build effective internal and external relationships at all levels.
- Experience and competence in dealing with disciplinary, grievance and performance processes.
Please click to apply and we will respond to your application ASAP. Thanks, and good luck.